While driving many people seek certain comfort level. One such comfort mode is to drive barefoot. There are varied reasons for people feeling inconvenient to drive while wearing any kind of footwear. The good news is the driving barefoot isn’t considered illegal in most of the countries. This is because many kinds of footwear don’t help in driving safely. Thus, there is constant fear of any major mistake happening while driving vehicle.
Here are the hindrances that make people think driving barefoot is a better option:
- You can’t drive easily while wearing flip flops or other weightless slippers like throngs. The footwear doesn’t have heels and can easily bend. Thus, there are chances that it will not allow your feet to move freely between accelerator and brake pedal. Even moving the clutch in manual transmission vehicle will be a problem. In simple words, it is not easy to apply pressure on the pedals.
- Wearing high heels is a nuisance while driving. It might get stuck in your vehicle’s floor mat. Also, you will not be able to judge the amount of pressure you are putting on the pedal. You may get confused whether you are driving right or not. Sometimes, while applying a sudden brake, there are chances of not braking quite fast resulting in a major mishap. In simple words, this kind of footwear won’t help you to drive safely.
- While wearing any kind of shoes or slippers, the need to feel the throttle control should be perfect while driving on slopes. Otherwise, there are chances of you losing concentration while driving a heavy vehicle.
Yes, you always need to wear appropriate footwear to drive efficiently, however every time it isn’t possible. This is because your footwear doesn’t remain same every time. Well experienced drivers often keep separate footwear suitable to drive their vehicle. There are many such kinds of tips in best driving tutorial establishments like Pass First Go in Braybrook. The professional advice of skilled trainers taking driving lessons Braybrook is worth hearing as it helps in driving like a professional driver soon.
In Australia, many people wear light weighted sandals like flip flops because of the climate. While driving on the Australian roads, it is legal to drive barefoot thus no worries. However, driving barefoot may create few problems.
- The pedal metal may be hot in summer days. They may even feel slippery because of perspiration during hot and humid climatic conditions.
- The dirt of your foot makes it rough while applying brakes.
- The mud on your feet during rainy days are definitely not comfortable when you place your leg on the metal pedals, thus you can’t apply the required pressure.
Although driving barefoot isn’t an offence, you need to wear suitable footwear as it will be safe for your legs, especially if you are driving for long hours. You can learn right driving techniques to adapt when you enrol in Pass First Go classes.